Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Truth or Dare

I haven't really been inspired to write in this space for awhile.  I don't have anything loving or inspirational to share.  I don't have a special message to convey.  Sometimes (and by sometimes I mean all of the time) I am completely overwhelmed with even the suggestion that any one of us is capable of doing all of the things, all of the time,  that being a mother seems to require.

Sometimes motherhood just feels like a giant game of 'Truth or Dare'

Dare:  Be the most inspiring, amazing mama on the planet.

Truth(s):

1. I don't know how to divide my energy between satisfying my dreams and supporting their needs, at the same time, all the time. I am working on it.  We are all a work in progress.

2. I rush home at lunch to clean the house because sometimes trying to create a clean home and a loving home at the same time after work overwhelms me.

3.  I've bribed, I've begged, I've borrowed and I would steal if it would guarantee me one morning of sleeping past 7:00am.

4. It's insane that nobody warned me how indescribable the bond would be between me and these girls.  There are no words for it.

5.  I'm tired.  I am tired all the time and I bet you are, too.  I spend a lot of time (too much time) beating myself up for not finding a way to get to bed earlier, manage my time better, manage my children better…..

6.  I need to acknowledge that at some point the way that I treat myself will be the model my girls will look to when deciding just how important their place in this world should be.

It's a work in progress…
 










No comments:

Post a Comment