Monday, April 29, 2013

Beauty Is....

The theme for my project 52 this week was 'Beauty Is'.  And what is beauty?  There is so much I want to tell them in answer to this question.  How beauty is the grit and the soul and the light we are all born with and not the stuff we use to hide behind because we are scared we will be seen, really seen, and not loved.  I want to tell them that they were born beautiful, were in fact the most beautiful things I have ever laid eyes on and nothing could ever, ever take that away from them, tarnish it or make me see them as any less than.  So much wrapped into such a word.  So much women do to chase what they already possess and should cherish.  So much to teach them and so much still to learn myself.

"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again." Elizabeth Lawrence









No comments:

Post a Comment