Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Church

Maggie's school uniform form came in the mail this week.  My baby is going off to school.  My baby.  To School.  Be still my heart.  We're sending her to Catholic school and I never would have thought I would see the day I sent my kids to Catholic school.  This has more to due with the fact that we love the principal and the curriculum and less to do with religion.  Because I can't, don't, believe that one religion can be better or more 'righteous' than any other.  Deep down, where 'God' touches us all we already know we are all worthy of love, that we are all equal, that we all belong and we are all enough.  It's the essence of grace to see our own humanity mirrored back in another human being.  And if we see others who feel less than, well then these are the human beings that need our love the most don't they?  Such a messy place religion can be.  To set up rules that break the essence of faith and make us believe if we act just so, that we will be more rewarding than someone else of grace.

So for now, this is church.  For me.








No comments:

Post a Comment