Tuesday, May 28, 2013

On Being One and Showing Up

I have no photographs to post of Harps turning one.  I didn't pick up my camera once.  Sometimes to fully embrace and welcome a significant moment when we recognize it, we simply have to show up.  And show up we did.  Friends and family filling my home to celebrate one of the greatest gifts ever bestowed upon me is such a gift in and of itself.  Some of my favorite memories are of my own mother getting ready for a party in our home.  The smells of a clean home and homemade meals to greet our loved ones.  The anticipation that this day would be special, is special, and will remain so in future years and traditions.  The steadfast passing of celebratory torches between families and generations.  I don't have many pictures of those parties, either.  Sometimes living well just requires showing up.  And we showed up for you baby girl.  Time to welcome another year, Harper Grace.









No comments:

Post a Comment