Saturday, December 7, 2013

It Was A Good Day

I read a lovely blog this week (that I should properly give credit to if I could, but I can't, because the frantic pace of the holiday season turns my memory to mush...which brings me to my point.) It was all about being the mama during the holidays and it basically spelled out this, "You don't need to do everything everyday, you just need to do one thing, preferably the one that does not bring you to the point of yelling at your children to FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS' BIRTHDAY HAVE FUN.'

It hit home.

True gratitude belongs in the moment.  You need to settle with it and let it rest over you.  It can't be rushed.  It doesn't flourish in hindsight but while right there, bathed in the light and the love of the moment.  Live your life in the present, doing the one thing.  Not the next thing, not the thing you are late to, not the thing you forgot, not the thing you missed.  It belongs in step with the thing you are doing right now.  Love all of it.













No comments:

Post a Comment