Saturday, December 28, 2013

Where Dreams Await

She won't be little forever.  I get that.  But she still fits in my lap.  She still uses a pacifier to sooth herself and she still fits in a size 2T.  So she's still little...for now.  

I still see her as an extension of me.  Not yet giving her credit for being a fully developed little soul that is independent of her mama.  So seeing her on a big stage?  At a preschool Christmas concert?  

Looking for direction and guidance from a loving teacher as I sit in the audience playing the minor role of spectator during one of her life experiences aches in such a lovely way.  In fact, it splits my heart wide open for her.









'In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.

You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,

but sometimes I do,
and that sight becomes this art.

Rumi





And then I am reminded that this little piece of magic still has a few precious moments left with her mama before her independence pulls her from my grasp.



Where dreams await...





No comments:

Post a Comment